THANKS RACERS AND VOLUNTEERS FOR ANOTHER AMYAZING RACE!
Packet pickup is on Saturday, May 12, from 8:30 to 12:00 at South Lakes HS
Athletes will swim in the HEATED Ridge Heights pool, bike near South Lakes High School, and run on Reston Association paths, finishing at the South Lakes High School stadium.
6-8 yr olds will do half of the loop; starting at Ridge Heights pool, turning right on South Lakes Dr. and then a right on Seahawk Dr. to bike/run transition area.
9-11 yr olds will do one and a half loops; starting at Ridge Heights taking a right on South Lakes Drive, right on Soapstone, right on Ridge Heights, right on South Lakes Dr again, then a right on Seahawk Dr. to bike/run transition area.
12-15 yr olds will do the same as above but they will do the loop two and a half times.
Don’t forget to have bring your helmet to Packet Pickup!
Age Group Swim Bike Run
6-8 50 Meters 1.03 Miles .33 Miles
9-11 100 Meters 3.00 Miles 1.11 Miles
12-15 150 Meters 5.00 Miles 1.51 Miles
RYT Course maps – Bike and Run All Ages
Click HERE to access the 2018 racer information package.
Click HERE to access the 2018 schedule of events which gives a general guideline of times for the day.
Parking information below:
- Participants park only at South Lakes High School on the west side parking lot (where packet pickup was held)
- No parking on Ridge Heights road or at pool
- No parking in the lower level SLHS parking area – bike/run transition.
- Overflow parking can be South Lakes shopping center.
Race Packet Pick-up Information
- Packet Pick-up is Saturday, May 12 from 8:30 to 12:00 at South Lakes High School – West entrance.
- Packets must be picked up on this day.
- Bring the helmet that will be worn in the race to packet pick-up for inspection.
- There will also be a Tri representative to answer any questions you may have about the course.
- Waivers: Two waivers that must be signed by a parent, one for USAT and another for Reston Association. Both waivers were available during the online registration and should have been electronically signed at that time.
Race Day Information
- Participants will be seeded in their age group based on the swim time they entered for 50 meters at registration.
- Participants will be able to update their own swim seed time until Sunday, May 4th. A link will be sent to registrants via email.
- Participants are assigned bib numbers based on their age group and estimated swim times.
- Your bib number is your order in the swim start
- If you miss your swim start time, you will go to the end of the line.
- All athletes must have an approved helmet with the chin strap fastened before entering the bike course.
- We will not require bike inspections this year, but recommend that bikes get inspected.
- Two waivers that must be signed by a parent, one for USAT and another for Reston Association. Both waivers were available during the online registration and should have been signed at that time.
- We highly recommend you get out on the courses to become familiar with them. We will send notification when the the Ridge Heights pool will open or visit Reston Association for a schedule.
- Bikers must obey all traffic rules/laws and race official instructions.
- Roads will not be closed to vehicular traffic; a portion of a lane will be cordoned off for bikers.
- Police and volunteers will be placed in multiple areas to help direct race traffic.
- The run portion will be entirely on Reston Paths, there will be volunteers along the course directing the participants
- No flotation devices will be allowed
- Training wheels are allowed
- Parents are not allowed in the transition areas. There will be volunteers to help any participant.
Bring the helmet that will be worn in the race to packet pick-up for inspection.
- All Participants must have inspection stickers on their helmets prior to race day in order to participate . Bike checks are no longer a requirement, but they are highly recommended. Inspections will not be done Sunday Morning.
- No substitutions or registration transfers are allowed. False entry under another person’s name is an automatic lifetime ban from the Reston Youth Triathlon and will be reported to USA Triathlon for appropriate USAT action.